Guidance and Motivation for the Journey
Making healthy changes can be difficult, but you don’t have to do it alone. We understand that recovery means different things to different people, and everyone sets their own pace. One of our trained recovery support specialists, or coaches, is eager to work with you individually to:
- identify what your goals in life are, what really matters to you
- help you set realistic goals for achieving them
- help you learn new skills and overcome challenges
- help you develop healthier habits and routines, with motivation along the way
- help connect you with people, places and things that support you and your goals
Recovery coaching is a free service offered by the Montrose Center. To learn more or find out how you can get a coach, call us at 713-529-0037.
Is this like a counselor?
Although our coaches are skilled professionals, coaching is less formal than counseling or therapy. It is not limited to office sessions or certain hours of the day, and can be done by phone, text or email as well as face-to-face. You can have both a counselor and a coach, in fact many people do!
Is this like a sponsor?
No. Recovery coaches are familiar with 12-step recovery and sponsors, and may share some of the same qualities, but it is not their aim to guide you through the steps, or convince you to do so. However, if you are doing 12-step work, a coach can help you with overcoming challenges that come with it, such as finding a sponsor. Many people have both a coach and a sponsor.
Share This Resource