Community Center Links
Welcome back! The new CDC guidelines have inspired us to reopen our community center for all reservations starting March 1, 2022.
The hub for Houston’s LGBTQ communities!
In addition to being the home of the Montrose Center’s Hatch Youth [icon name=”external-link” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] program, free Center Wellness activities, and the office spaces of many LGBTQ organizations, our community center space provides affordable meeting and lease space for dozens of civic, service and social organizations nearly every day. The Center hosts an average 250 events per month and sees more than 100,000 visitors per year. Check out our room & rates! Rental spaces can be viewed before submitting a rental request or before the date of your event by appointment only. Please call 713-529-0037 to inquire about rental spaces.
Hours: We are open 7 days a week whenever there is a scheduled event taking place. The Center is located in the heart of Houston’s historic Montrose neighborhood at 401 Branard Street.
Weekend & Evening Visitors: Please call our main line at 713-529-0037 for help and information.
Affordability: Our Community Center is a self-serve facility. From reservations and payment systems to a “Leave No Trace” clean up policy, we are able to keep rental costs very affordable, with a priority on offering the LGBTQ community a place to socialize, organize, create, worship, practice health and wellness activities and so much more! For more info, read more about How to Reserve Rooms & our FAQs.
- 6,800 square feet of meeting space – including small and mid-size conference rooms, and a 4,019 square foot event hall
- Common Kitchenette with sink, temporary storage cabinets, commercial refrigerator/freezer, microwave, and ice machine
- men’s, women’s multi-stall restrooms as well as two non-gender specific single-stall private restrooms
- plenty of seating and tables
- WiFi access
- free on-site parking for up to 120 vehicles, with designated disabled spaces and ample adjacent street parking
- elevator and stair access
Office Spaces: The Center also has office space available for long-term leasing. For information about leasing and availability, please call 713.529.0037.