Presented by Chevron
The Montrose Center is excited to launch our 3rd annual Housing Our Future peer-to-peer fundraising campaign.
All funds raised provide housing to local LGBTQ youth facing homelessness. That’s 18+ months of rental assistance, furniture, transportation, supplemental food, plus comprehensive case management services. We need your help to keep LGBTQ youth in safe, affirming housing.
Expand your impact exponentially by becoming a volunteer fundraiser! We are looking for community members to spread the word about Housing Our Future, inviting friends and loved ones to support the campaign. Donations will provide in-depth case management personalized to our youth’s needs, plus rent, furniture, and utilities for 18+ months.
Why become a fundraiser?
We need your help to keep LGBTQ youth safe and off the streets! As a volunteer fundraiser for Housing Our Future, you’ll be a part of an impressive group of like-minded individuals raising awareness and funds for this important cause. During last year’s campaign, 42 volunteer fundraisers raised more than $169,000 for rapid rehousing services for local LGBTQ youth, and in 2020, 76 volunteer fundraisers raised more than $214,000 in homeless youth services!
Want to do both, fundraise and attend the gala?
1) Set up your fundraising page.
2) Make your donation through the gala page.
3) Contact Meleah Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will be happy to add your gala gift to your fundraising page on the back end so that it reflects on your page towards your goal.
What’s it like to be a fundraiser?
Fundraisers build a fundraising page – our system does the bulk of the work! – and invite their friends and families to donate in support of LGBTQ homeless youth. Staff is available to help throughout the process, and there are several resources available in the online Fundraiser Tool Box, including shareable graphics, sample social media posts, emails, etc.
Ready to get started? Click the button below to set up your fundraising page. Step by step instructions on page 2 here.
Want to speak to a staff member to learn more? We’re here to help! Feel free to email Meleah Jones, Development Specialist, anytime.
- Set up your fundraising page (Step-by-step instructions on page 2 here)
- At least once a week, reach out to your contacts via social media, email, text, etc., encouraging your contacts to donate to the campaign
- Sample emails, social media posts, and shareable graphics available in the online Fundraiser Tool Box
- Optional: Thank donors who make donations through your page. Of course, they will have already received an official thank you letter/tax receipt from the Montrose Center.
Perks of Being a Fundraiser
You can feel good knowing that you are going above and beyond for the benefit of LGBTQ homeless youth. Plus, you will receive benefits based on your fundraising succes. Click here to see a list of perks.
Housing Our Future Gala May 20, 2022
This year’s campaign goes hand-in-hand with the Housing Our Future Gala, which will take place at the Ballroom at Bayou Place on May 20, 2022. Both benefit rapid rehousing services for homeless youth.
LGBTQ youth are more than twice as likely to experience homelessness than straight youth. As many as 40% of homeless youth identify as LGBTQ. Since the pandemic began, we’ve seen an increase in the number of youth in need, and the needs of each youth in the program have expanded, with monthly meetings have becoming weekly check-in’s to meet our needs’ increased food and mental health needs.
We’re here to help! To learn more, don’t hesitate to email Meleah Jones, Development Specialist, anytime.
Thank you for Housing Our Future! We couldn’t do it without you.