About Our Community Center Space
With new COVID guidelines added to our Terms of Facility Use, the Montrose Center’s reservation system is now accepting reservations for events to be held on or after March 1, 2022!
The hub for Houston’s LGBTQ communities!
In addition to being the home of the Montrose Center’s Hatch Youth program, our community center space provides affordable meeting and lease space for dozens of civic, service and social organizations nearly every day. The Center hosts an average 250 events per month and sees more than 100,000 visitors per year. Check out our rooms and rates! Rental spaces can be viewed before submitting a rental request or before the date of your event by appointment only. Please call us at 713-529-0037 or email email@example.com.
We are open 7 days a week whenever there is a scheduled event taking place. The Center is located in the heart of Houston’s historic Montrose neighborhood at 401 Branard Street.
Weekend & Evening Visitors: Please call the LGBT Switchboard at 713-529-0037 for help and information.
Our Community Center is a self-serve facility. From reservations and payment systems to a “Leave No Trace” clean up policy, we are able to keep rental costs very affordable, with a priority on offering the LGBTQ community a place to socialize, organize, create, worship, practice health and wellness activities and so much more!
- 6,800 square feet of meeting space – including small and mid-size conference rooms, and a 4,019 square foot event hall
- common kitchenette with sink, temporary storage cabinets, commercial refrigerator/freezer, microwave, and ice machine
- men’s, women’s multi-stall restrooms as well as two non-gender specific single-stall private restrooms
- plenty of seating and tables
- WiFi access
- free on-site parking for up to 120 vehicles, with designated disabled spaces and ample adjacent street parking
- elevator and stair access
- free computer access (Cyber Center)
Guests should not block parking spaces marked as handicap or use these spaces without a handicap parking permit. Guests are not allowed to park anywhere outside of designated parking spaces except where emergency and/or maintenance vehicles must do so in order to gain access to the building. This includes parking in the hashed sections next to handicap spaces or blocking handicap ramps. Cars that are found parked this way may be towed.
Community Organizations at the Montrose Center
For information about leasing and availability, please call 713.529.0037.