Community Pride Celebration
June 17 @ 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Celebrate LGBTQ+ Pride Month and the Montrose Center’s 45th anniversary by attending the Community Pride Celebration on Saturday, June 17 from 4-8 PM! Houston’s LGBTQ+ center is opening its doors (and parking lot) to welcome thousands of our friends and family for a FREE Community Pride Celebration, featuring live entertainment, dozens of LGBTQ+ businesses and organizations, special surprises, and more!
The Pride Celebration will include:
- Live stage performances with local and national LGBTQ+ talent
- An indoor and outdoor community fair featuring LGBTQ+ organizations and businesses (list below)
- A 25ft historic Pride flag sewn by Gilbert Baker, the creator of the Rainbow Pride flag
- Dozens of LGBTQ+ non-profits and organizations fighting for justice and equality (list below)
- Food trucks and other food and beverage providers
- An LGBTQ+ Houston history exhibit, provided in partnership with the Botts Collective
- Rainbow Run + Stiletto Sprint presented by Corey S. Scranton
- An indoor VIP lounge with refreshments including wine, beer, and light bites
- An indoor lounge for seniors (55+) presented by AARP Houston
- An indoor lounge for youth and families
- And so much more!
The Community Pride Celebration is a rain or shine event with indoor (A/C) and outdoor spaces. Free water will be available to attendees. Food and other drinks will be available to purchase from vendors.
Parking: No parking will be available on Center property. Street parking may be available in the neighborhood surrounding the Center. Rideshare or public transportation strongly encouraged.
COMMUNITY PRIDE CELEBRATION SPONSORS
COMMUNITY PRIDE CELEBRATION PARTICIPANTS
Bay Area Turning Point
Bodine Literary LLC
Botts History Collective
Caroline Brock Creations
Eureka Heights Brewing Co.
FamilyTime Crisis & Counseling Center
Heart of Houston Birth and Wellness Center
Houston Housing Department
Houston Food Bank
HPCA (Hyde Park Civic Association)
Human Rights Campaign
Kindness Kitchen Truck
Legacy Community Health
Lone Star Legal Aid
Consulate General of Mexico
Michael’s Cookie Jar
Montrose Grace Place
Out for Education, Inc.
Parents of Trans Youth
Q+mmunity of UH
Rivkah French Choreography
St. Peter United UCC
the Montrose Center – General
The Woodlands Pride
UH – LGBTQ Resource Center
UH – Women and Gender Resource Center